Infrared Thermal Imaging Home Inspections
A Gratton Infrared Home Inspection allows you to get more detailed information about the home you own or the home you are looking to buy. An infrared home inspection can reveal many hidden issues in a home that would not be visible to the naked eye. A Gratton Infrared Home Inspection can be used to detect hidden water problems, missing or failing insulation, areas of energy loss, and much more. Our professional services will provide you with the information you need to make educated decisions about the condition of your home and its systems. Whether you are concerned about wasted high energy costs, leaks, smells or quality assurance, a Gratton Infrared Home Inspection can help.
“You haven't seen your home until you've seen it in infrared!"
Infrared thermal imaging scans can easily verify insulation inside walls and ceilings. The camera will reveal where there is missing, settled, or wet and damaged insulation. As an added benefit, when we scan your home, we can also identify where cold air is coming through your walls.
Home owners now understand the importance of infrared home inspection. From seeing what you are getting in a new home purchase, pre-post renovations, to finding current home problems in making corrective action determinations and cost decisions, to knowing how and where you need to make improvements in cutting down your energy bills making your home as efficient as possible. Realizing that infrared can do this for you and show you the actual images of exactly where you need to spend money and resources make an infrared home inspection very appealing to knowledgeable home owners.
“Today, more and more home owners are becoming knowledgeable about infrared's benefits”
A Gratton Infrared Home Inspection offer advantages to you over typical inspectors who lack our Infrared Thermal Imaging Technology and Training. In fact, less than five percent of home inspectors even use Infrared technology, although what we find using infrared imaging can help you save hundreds, even thousands of dollars per year by detecting moisture, insulation and electrical issues before they pose a bigger risk to your property, fiscal or personal well-being.
Nearly everything gets hot before it fails, making infrared inspections extremely cost-effective, valuable diagnostic tools in numerous applications. With the high cost of energy today, homeowners and small business' should also use Infrared Imaging for energy savings, moisture detection (leading to mold in some cases), and especially for electrical panel inspections that can detect potential fire hazards from bad connections, overloaded circuits and more.
These benefits to you: An infrared thermal imaging inspection can identify and document:
- Energy loss and efficiency
- Unknown plumbing leaks
- Hidden roof leaks, before they cause serious damage
- Electrical faults before they cause a fire
- Overloaded and undersized circuits
- Circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement
- Missing, damaged, and/or wet insulation
- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors
- Water and moisture intrusion that could lead to mold
- Possible rodent or pest infestation
- Air conditioner compressor leaks
- Under fastening and/or missing framing members
- Structural defects
- Broken seals in double pane windows
- Dangerous fluid leaks
- Damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems
- Overheated equipment
Use your infrared home inspection for:
- Warranty Inspections
- Renovation Inspections: Pre and Post
- construction phase inspections
- locating missing, damaged and wet insulation
- moisture, electrical, mechanical, and roof inspections
- assessment of your homes health - Do you have mold?
- to improve your homes efficiency, performance and its personal comfort
A typical Gratton Infrared Home Inspection on a 2000 sq. ft. home usually takes about 1.5 hours. This includes the actual thermal scan, obtaining both... the Infrared and digital images, then carefully interpreting and explaining our findings to you. You also have this time to consult with us as to "How you can properly correct deficiencies that are located with the thermal Imaging". Then all of the thermal images will be compiled into a professional and detailed report and emailed to you within 3 - 5 days.
Pricing for this example is $300