Infrared Building Envelope Surveys
What is a building envelope? A building’s “envelope” includes the roof, ceiling, floors, walls, windows, skylights, slab edges or foundation, and below-grade walls.
Infrared building envelope surveys are the only proven, non-destructive and complete method for troubleshooting building heat loss and moisture problems. Building owners use envelope testing to save millions of dollars every year by reducing energy costs, minimizing structural damage, and enhancing occupant comfort and health.
A Gratton Infrared Building Envelope Survey can help you:
- Prioritize and document heat loss problems
- Determine best options for energy-saving renovation and retrofits
- Increase energy efficiency and boost profits
- Locate causes of frozen pipes, ice dams, and moisture damage
- Reduce heating and cooling costs
- Identify cost-effective strategies for achieving LEED credits
- Identify sources of air and water infiltration
- Pinpoint missing, damaged or wet insulation
- Detect conditions likely to support growth of mold and mildew
Prevent mold and pinpoint missing Insulation, air leaks, moisture damage, and energy losses
Heat losses in a building envelope are accelerated by structural problems, poor construction, missing or inadequate insulation, air leakage and moisture infiltration. Escaping heat creates a thermal signature that can be detected with an infrared camera.
- Do you cool or heat your premises?
- Do you feel that it costs a lot of money?
- Would you like to save money on energy costs?
A Gratton Infrared Building Envelope Survey of your building and it’s associated heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems will identify areas where energy is being wasted, saving you money. Building and construction can leave behind their fair share of unseen problems. These problems have for years remained hidden until the ever increasing use of thermography as a fault finding tool.
Other Faults/Conditions We Can Survey For:
- Envelope faults
- Insulation Faults
- Leaky valves on radiators
- Air Leaks
- Humid Walls – Condensation
- Water ingress on terraces
- Water infiltration
- Possible pest and rodent infestation
- Operational grow houses
- Location of timber studs
- Damaged double glazing
- Location of water leaks
Contact us today to discuss your thermal imaging needs.