Infrared Roof Moisture Surveys
Infrared thermography is particularly well suited to find the thermal anomalies created by trapped moisture under roofing membrane
A roof top infrared moisture survey is the most efficient and economical method of determining the condition of the roofs you are in charge of. Today’s building owners save hundreds of millions of dollars annually with infrared roofing inspection. Many roofs need to be replaced prematurely due to moisture damage from leaks and improper installation. Infrared roof moisture surveys have a proven track record in finding damaged portions of roofing structure so they can be repaired before water damage rots your whole roof.
Gratton Infrared Roof Moisture Surveys locate the moisture your roof may be absorbing or is failing to keep out of your building. Infrared technology is the perfect application to inspect your roofing system for water or moisture. It is a non-destructive detection method visually documenting the areas in need of attention.
Why have a Gratton Roof Moisture Survey
- infrared is a non-destructive inspection method
- reduces risks involving new or replacement work
- identifies areas that leak, as well as being just wet
- targets problem areas – stretches roof maintenance dollars
- infrared locates and documents wet insulation
- allows you to find and target your roof problem areas
- ensures your work has been done properly
- saves thousands of dollars on roof repair and replacement costs
- post-inspection surveys verify workmanship quality and validate materials warranties
Whether clearly obvious or concealed, roof problems are always trouble and can result in significant costs. Although there may be a number of factors contributing to the problem, left unattended, moisture intrusion into a roof system will cause the roof membrane and insulation to rot and eventually destroy a roof system. It decreases the thermal efficiency of the insulation, which will increase heating or cooling costs of the building. Water also dangerously increases the weight load of the roof and can lead to structural deterioration and safety concerns for occupants.
Proper identification to the defects will help determine the influences that are contributing to the deterioration, the repair needed and the proper repair material to be selected. It will also help managers prioritize repairs according to the significance of the problem, time constraints and budget limitations.
Major advantages of an infrared roof moisture survey are:
- Locate water-damaged roof membrane quickly and accurately
- Identify small problems before they become serious and more costly to repair
- Eliminate unnecessary replacement of good roof
- Plan accurate budgets based on facts
- Document problems before the warranty expires
- Greatly extend the life of your roof
A roof moisture survey should be carried out:
- Prior to acceptance of a new roof system
- Before any existing warranties expire
- Before acquiring a new building
- Before roofing over an existing roof
- For planned maintenance purposes
- When a pre-purchase construction report is needed
Contact us today to discuss your needs.